Rosie Sherry is a community builder, indie hacker, founder and unschooling mother. She is fascinated by the world of community, marketing, ethical business, unschooling and technology/software testing. She is currently the community manager for Indie Hackers.
Ministry of Testing
Rosie founded the Software Testing Club in 2007. It evolved to become a community focused on software testing called The Ministry of Testing.
Learn more about her journey
In 2012, she realized that what she was creating wasn’t just a business. It was a startup.
She shared more about her day-to-day work at What Do I Do? (Or Am I An Imposter?)
In December, 2017, she announced that she was stepping back from the day-to-day running of Ministry of Testing. She wrote about it further at Creating A Life Friendly Business
Rosie was the community manager at Indie Hackers. She took the lead on the Indie Hackers Twitter account in August, 2019. She wrote about her approach at How I do Twitter for Indie Hackers.
Rosieland a special space for people interested in creating valuable, authentic and sustainable communities.
Learn more about her newsletter
- In March, 2020, she revealed that it took 6 months to get 100 newsletter subscribers. It took her two months to reach 207.
- She introduced the paid newsletter in July. Within a week, she had 10 paid subscribers. She also had 500 people on the free list. By mid August, she had 721 people on her free email list and 40 paid subscribers.
- By the start of September, she had reached 50 paid newsletter subscribers. By mid September, she had moved her weekly curated posts behind a paywall. She got 27 new paid subscribers within a week of tightening her offer.
- By October, she had 100 paid subscribers
Parenting and business
Rosie is the mother of 5 children.
She has written about managing the demands of both family and business.
- How Rosie Leans In
- Kids Change Everything And Focusing On The Feel Good Factor
- How I bootstrapped to 7 figures while raising a family
- How To Survive As A Modern Day Working Mother
She has been unschooling her children since 2013. She has written about her unschooling experiences at her website.
Her work process
Being intentional with your research and growth activities Rosie has a loose set of rules to help her get more value out of specific activities
How Rosie Runs Things A random day of Rosies life. The example is from 2014.
How I Gather News to Help Build Communities Rosie believes that communities wither without a person or process bringing relevant information to it.
- How Indie Hackers’ Community Thrive and Grow With Rosie Sherry at Growth Marketing Today
- How I Built an $80k/mo Business by Listening to My Audience at Indie Hackers. This was about her work with Ministry of Testing
- Paying It Forward with Kindness to Build a $1.2MM Community with Rosie Sherry of Ministry of Testing at Indie Hackers
- How Rosie Sherry Built the Ministry of Testing into the World’s Largest Community of Software Testers at Masters of Community
- Premium value adds and community building with Rosie Sherry of Rosieland at Newsletter Crew
- Real Community Can’t Be Faked With Rosie Sherry at Egghead.io