Li Jin is the founder and Managing Partner at Atelier, an early-stage VC firm. Her work explores consumer trends, internet culture, and new consumer-facing platforms. She is a strong advocate of The Passion Economy.
The Passion Economy
Li is a strong advocate of the passion economy. She first wrote about it at The Passion Economy and the Future of Work. She said:
New digital platforms enable people to earn a livelihood in a way that highlights their individuality. These platforms give providers greater ability to build customer relationships, increased support in growing their businesses, and better tools for differentiating themselves from the competition. In the process, they’re fueling a new model of internet-powered entrepreneurship.
She has continued to explore the ideas from that original article.
- How the Passion Economy will disrupt media, education, and countless other industries (Part 1) Clayton Christensen’s disruption theory and what it means for the Passion Economy
- Four implications of disruption theory for the Passion Economy (Part 2)
- 16 Key Metrics for the Passion Economy
Atelier Ventures, a $13 million fund to support the passion economy.
You can learn more about creating the fund at Li Jin launches Atelier Ventures, her debut fund to invest in the passion economy.
Li worked at venture capital firm for nearly four years.
Means Of Creation
Means Of Creation is a talk show and newsletter with Li Jin and Nathan Baschez about the passion economy. They the new and exciting world of creators making a living on platforms that differentiate, rather than commoditize, their work.
Lin wrote more about the launch at her Substack.
Side Hustle Stack
Side Hustle Stack is a free resource to find platform-based work, ranging from gig work and side hustles to platforms that help you start a small business that can grow.
Creating Side Hustle Stack
Building for the Creator Economy
Building for the Creator Economy is a 3-week-long cohort-based course. In the course, Li Jin dissects the underlying fundamentals of this trend so you can apply it to your professional career: as an investor, a founder or builder.
- The Creator Economy Needs a Middle Class
- 1,000 True Fans? Try 100
- Unbundling Work from Employment The internet and rise of micro-entrepreneurship
- How coronavirus is shifting consumer behavior and attitudes in China