You can learn more about Ben by reading this comprehensive feature at Maker Mag Ben Tossell: making his mark on the maker world.
Makerpad is the worlds leading destination to learn, share and work together to create software—without writing code.
Ben started working on it in January, 2019. He went full time on the project in September/October 2019. (source)
In March, 2021, Makerpad joined Zapier.
Year In Review
newCo was a platform providing a bunch of tools for makers. He closed it at the end of 2018.
It was launched on Product Hunt in October, 2018, however had been running since May.
He closed it at the end of 2018. He wrote about the journey at Doing too much: shutting down a company with $6k MRR.
Ben was the community lead at Product Hunt from August 2015 to August 2017. He wrote about how a non-technical wantrepreneur landed a Community Manager position at Product Hunt at his medium blog.
He wrote Thank you Product Hunt & AngelList to announce that he was leaving Product Hunt.
- 2 months working @ProductHunt
- 4 months at Product Hunt & visiting San Francisco HQ
- [My New Years Resolutions to the Product Hunt Community (2016)](https://medium.com/swlh/my-new-years-resolutions-to-the-product-hunt-community-381688f5e051?)
10 Startups in 24 Hours
In 2017, he challenged himself to launch 10 Startups in 24 Hours. The goal was to build 10 mini-startups with ~2 hrs build time per project.
He posted a reflection at 10 Startups in 24 Hours, Lessons Learned
Ben launched Marketing Stack in July, 2015. It was the #1 Product Of The Month of Product Hunt.
He shared the story at Launching on Product Hunt for my birthday
The website is no longer available.
Backa was a website that allowed users to post their startup ideas (at whatever stage) to gain insights from early adopters to help you close the feedback loop. It is no longer active.
- How Ben Tossell Made 6-Figures in Revenue Teaching People How to Build Without Code on Makerpad
- Makerpad: How Ben Tossell Bootstrapped a $240K Side-Project – with Ben Tossell 
- Creating a $200k Side Project Without Writing a Line of Code with Ben Tossell of Makerpad
- Founder Interviews: Ben Tossell of newCo
- Makerpad: Low Code Tools with Ben Tossell