Anne-Laure is an entrepreneur, an ex-Googler, and a neuroscience student. She loves bringing products to market that help people be happier and healthier.
Check out her personal website at Anne-Laure.Net
Follow Anne-Laure on Twitter
Ness Labs is a platform providing neuroscience-based content, community, and coaching to people who want to make the most of their mind. The two main topics you will explore when joining Ness Labs are mindful productivity (how to do more without sacrificing your mental health) and metacognition (how to think about thinking). .
Ness Labs offers a blog and a free weekly newsletter, with articles at the intersection of neuroscience and entrepreneurship. The best articles are available as thematic ebooks via the library.
She published her 300th article in February, 2021. At that point, she had 28k email subscribers and almost 2k community members.
In July, 2021, she announced that she was experimenting with hiring science writers as contributors.
In 2021, she relaunched sponsored content. They offered in-depth interviews with founders of tools for thought, and it resonated with their audience.
According to this post on Indie Hackers, her main acquisition channels were her free weekly newsletter and sharing her work on Twitter.
- By mid-June, she had 368 members and $1635 MRR.
- By July, she had reached $2K MRR for her newsletter and community.
- August: 500 paid members.
- November: 1000 paid members.
- Early December: 1500 paid members.
- February, 2021: 2000 paid members. 70% of the members had been active in the Circle community in the previous month.
- July: 2500 paid members.
The state of personal knowledge management
Anne-Laure launched this 40 page report in October, 2020. It was free for Ness Labs members.
From Collector To Creator
This was a live course Anne-Laure ran in 2020.
Anne -Laure sends a weekly newsletter to thousands of mindful makers with practical content at the intersection of neuroscience and entrepreneurship.
You can check out her past newsletters at the Maker Minds Newsletter Archive
She has shared more about her experiences in the following articles and interviews:
- Launching a newsletter on Product Hunt
- How I’m Using Neuroscience to Build a Successful Newsletter
- [AMA] Growing a newsletter and a blog to 2K subscribers and 100K visitors in 2 months
- The (Maker) Mind of Anne-Laure Le Cunff
- 50 lessons learned from writing 50 newsletters
In Ju;y, 2021, she reported having 33,000 subscribers..
People seemed to resonate with her vlogging style videos. 60% of people watched her lockdown life video to the end.
In February, 2021, Anne-Laure announced Carly Valancy as the Community Architect. She worked there for four months.
“This is a public notebook where I share some of my thoughts on networked thinking, metacognition, evidence-based learning and self-education. It uses bi-directional links, so you can see which pages refer to the one you are currently reading.”
via Mental Nodes
Mental Nodes is an example of a Mind Garden. It was created using TiddyWiki.
She was interviewed about the project at Stressed Out? Take a ‘Teeny Break’ With This Browser Extension.
Anne-launched Maker Mag, the first magazine for indie makers, in 2018. She wrote briefly about the journey in her 2018 annual review.
Make And Shine
In 2018, Anne-Laure published Make & Shine, an ebook about personal branding for indie makers. She shared how she wrote, designed, published and promoted the ebook at How I wrote an ebook in one month and sold 130+ copies in one week
In 2018, Anne-Laure created Instalist. This product was a collection of the most Instagrammable photo spots in the world. It is no longer active, however she documented her experiences in the article Just ship it: from idea to launch in five days.
How Anne-Laure Le Cunff Wrote 200 Articles In One Year (Paid Content)
- Quick Chat with Anne-Laure Le Cunff of Ness Labs
- Ness Labs Founder Anne-Laure Le Cunff: ‘It’s possible to achieve your goals without sacrificing your mental health’
- Helping people reach their potential with Maker Mind
- How Anne-Laure built a buzzing community on top of her popular newsletter “Maker Mind”
- Calm Questionnaire: Anne-Laure Le Cunff
- Anne-Laure Le Cunff – Building a Loyal Audience & Growing Your Newsletter
- The I.I. Questionnaire — Anne-Laure!
Ask Me Anything
- I’m Anne-Laure Le Cunff. I’m the founder of Ness Labs and Maker Mag, and I write every weekday at Maker Mind. Ask me anything!